Byron Hot Springs
Photo 502 of 647
This four-story brick hotel and hot springs resort opened in 1914, and thrived for about 25 years before closing it’s doors in 1938 due to hardships brought on by the Great Depression.
It was later used by the U.S. Military during WWII to interrogate Japanese POWs, and finally as a monastery by the Greek Orthodox Church before being closed for the final time in 1956. It has sat vacant ever since.
- Oct 2007
- Taken with a Nikon D80