Photo 552 of 1304
Inside a giant mixer at Kaiser Aluminum & Chemical Corporation and National Refractory, an industrial site constructed during World War II to produce magnesium metal in support of the war. Later, the site was converted to produce magnesium oxide for refractory bricks used in extreme mechanical, chemical, or thermal stresses, such as the inside of a wood-fired kiln or a furnace. The plant ceased operations in 1999.
3-minute exposure with a full frame fisheye lens lit by the full moon and nearby sodium vapor lights from Moss Landing Power Plant.
- Nov 2008
- Taken with a Nikon D300