Photo 494 of 1304
Completed in 1925 and abandoned in 2005, this 26+ floor skyscraper was the first of its kind in downtown SF. Even today, it stands high above most surrounding buildings, offering a spectacular view of the city.
The original, 13-foot terra-cotta eagles on top of the elevator tower were replaced in the 1950’s with cheap, plaster knockoffs.
- Feb 2009
- Taken with a Nikon D300