Photo 336 of 1304
Congregation Room in the spectacular, 9-story abandoned church, which was built in 1926. Like other vacant buildings in Gary, we walked right in and had the run of the place, with no threat of security. That is, after the film crew that was busy remaking “Nightmare on Elm Street” cleared out.
This photo is a composite of 3 separate images to balance out the extreme range of light and dark tones.
- May 2009
- Taken with a Nikon D700