Photo 334 of 1304
In addition to the cathedral, the church also boasted a lively community center complete with classrooms, an auditorium, a gymnasium, a banquet hall and kitchen, plus a large meeting hall and a rooftop garden.
The church, which was built using funds donated by the United States Steel Corp., is sadly in a state of disrepair. Ironically, it seems to be a metaphor for the city in which it stands, whose history is intertwined with the rise and subsequent downfall of the declining (albeit still economically important) steel industry.
- May 2009
- Taken with a Nikon D700