Yonkers Power Station
Photo 122 of 1304
Yonkers Power Station opened in 1906 and supplied electricity to trains traveling to New York’s Grand Central Station on then newly electrified lines.
This photo is taken inside the turbine room, a massive space that was completely gutted after the plant closed in the 1960s. it has sat vacant ever since but a group of preservationists are seeking landmark status and hope to convert it to a museum and lofts. Not likely in the current climate.
- Mar 2010
- Taken with a Nikon D700