Photo 94 of 1908
Sutro Baths, which were named in honor of former San Francisco Mayor Adolph Sutro (1894–1896), housed the world’s largest indoor pool when they opened in 1896. The building surrounding the baths and pool burnt down in 1966, but the baths had previously closed due to high operation costs.
Even though the site was abandoned over 40 years ago, the ruins on the edge of the Pacific are still visible and open to the public.
- Oct 2009
- Taken with a Nikon D700